My World View
Can therapy help me? This might be a question you are asking yourself. There is evidence that it can. On average people feel better when they had counselling with a good therapy relationship. That’s why I believe that for me as a therapist it is essential to be aware of how I view the world and humankind. My theory of human nature is the deciding factor of how I choose to be of service to you.
We all have beliefs about what makes us human, how we relate and connect to others. It is our concept of humanity, our world view. Our basic values and beliefs are the foundation of our attitudes and actions.
I Believe That
- That you have the capacity and potential to move towards self-fulfilment, growth and change.
- You are best understood by looking at your world from your point of view.
- In an accepting environment you will overcome a tension that is created by conditions of other people, society, culture. We try to fulfil these conditions to feel loved and accepted.
- You are doing the best you can at this moment in time.
- I am not an expert of your life. You are.
- Your experience and process is leading the therapy.
- The therapy relationship is a collaboration.
- Humans are social beings.
- Difference and diversity of humanity is enriching and beautiful.
If you are curious and want to know more about how my view on humanity translates into therapy, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
A phone conversation and a first session can help you decide if what I have to offer is what you need at this moment in time.